Wednesday 30 March 2011

Addictions -Part Two- No Butts!

If you have an addiction, you are not crazy - no matter WHAT kind of addiction you have and no matter WHAT other people say about you.



If you are trying to quit, or even just THINKING about quitting, here is a success story written by one of my friends to encourage you:

     This isn't the first time I tried to quit, I have wanted to quit for a long time. I have tried many different ways of quitting, I tried the patch, I tried champix (a drug), I tried cold turkey. Champix is the only thing that kind of worked for me in the past, but after I stopped taking the drug I went right back to smoking. One thing that kept me going on this quit was a bet that I made with a friend. If I start smoking before the end of the year I owe her 300 dollars, not really a bet I want to lose. Also, I signed up for a quit smoking help website, and every month they send me an update on what improvements I've made. It tells me how many days/hours/minutes that I have been smoke free for, how many cigarettes I have not smoked, how much money I have saved, and how many days that I have added back to my life.

Your Quit Date is: 10/1/2010


Time Smoke-Free: 149 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes and 41 seconds


Cigarettes NOT smoked: 2991                                    

Lifetime Saved: 22 days, 20 hours

Money Saved: $1,162.20

     Since I have quit, I have more energy. I'm an asthmatic, and I used to have to take my puffer several times a night. Since I quit I have barely had to use my puffer at all. Unfortunately I have gained a small amount of weight since the quit, but that's not something that can't be worked on especially since I have more energy to exercise if I get around to it.

     I would never have been able to quit without the help of God. This isn't the first time I've asked for His help in quitting, but it is the first time that I have actually wanted His help in quitting. There was always something that I thought I enjoyed about smoking, but I've come to realize that those were just lies that I was telling myself for some odd reason. God has sent me many different sources of encouragement to help me quit, which includes friends who have been cheering me along the way.


Almost 6 months smoke-free and counting!!   Congratulations Lady!!!


If  YOU have a success story, please share it!

   

Thank you for reading, thank you for quitting, and thank you for supporting others in the quitting process!

No comments:

Post a Comment