Tuesday 22 February 2011

Boy Girl Excitement

I figured it would only be fitting to write about romantic relationships following the subject of V-Day. In my Valentine's Day posting, I mentioned my being romantic.  I think this comes from my maternal Grandmother.  We both have an appreciation for food, flowers, and romance.   Let me give you an example of Grandmother's affinity to romance.  A few years ago, we were preparing Christmas dinner with Grandmother as our sole guest.  As dinner was nearing, Grandmother asked one of my brothers, "Don't you have any single guy friends you could invite for dinner?"  "Why?" "Because sometimes Grandmas need boy-girl excitement."  Apparently she was experiencing a romance deficit.   Maybe I'll share some of Grandmother's stories of romance in another posting.

On Valentine's Day I had a conversation with a single man about the dating scene.  He shared with me a story of rejection.  He had approached a lady
and asked her to go out for a drink and she gave him an answer which was not, "No."  "I don't think so."  "No thanks."  "I'm not interested."
Her reply was one you might expect from a politician.  It was a well disguised and therefore almost indistinguishable  "No."   It was no more comfortable for the guy than a direct "No." 
And then women wonder why men are hesitant to ask.  "Why can't he just be a man and make a move?"  Probably because he's been emotionally injured or embarrassed by another woman.  To all the single women reading this:  Please, consider a man's heart.  Be gentle and direct,  and if you feel you need to reject his advances, please leave him emotionally intact so that he has the courage to try again.

Here's an example of how NOT to do it:

There once was a girl in grade six who was well liked by one of her male classmates.  She liked him too but it seemed he liked her much more than anyone else on their baseball team. One day, after one of their baseball games, they finished cleaning up the equipment as it was their turn to do so. The two had just begun the walk back to school when he asked her where she lived.  Her house could be seen in the distance so she pointed it out to him.  Well,  a couple of weeks later, a friend of his showed up at her door.  He had come to ask her to date his friend.  Her  brothers answered the door and were curiously hanging about wanting to know what was going on.  The girl was taken aback and embarrassed to be asked such a question out of the blue IN FRONT OF HER BROTHERS!    She asked where her baseball friend was.  Apparently he was hiding behind a bush across the street.  My answer was, "Tell him to go away."    THE END.
I was direct, but not so gentle.

4 comments:

  1. lol!! Ah, sixth grade romances...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know what that is, but the worst is that woman really humiliating a men, and then you see why some of them get butchered up, I know there are sick people out there, but there are also sick woman in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was a like button.

    ReplyDelete