Sunday 20 February 2011

The Transparency

So, finally I begin to write.   A few months ago, a friend of mine encouraged me to write. In fact, she told me that I should write a book.    I find writing to be like romance or saying sorry.  For it to be done well, and come from the heart, it mustn't be on command.  In finding a way to put my thoughts into text, I've been reminded of a recent realization discovered by a combination of reading and introspection, that in strange way, I am a perfectionist.  Those who know me are likely not aware. You don't see my perfectionism in my hand made gifts, cooking, baking, hand writing or most other things I do.

More recently a second friend who is a well seasoned blogger, mentioned in her blog that she wished others would blog so that she could read about their lives so I started to consider it....then came more encouragement...something one can never do with too much of.  Especially when living a nightmare or embarking on a new challenge or adventure.

I asked myself, "Why do people blog?  What will I get out of it?  What will others get out of it?"  I came up with a few ideas and wondered what the purpose of THIS blog would be...I mean, does this world really need yet another blog?  Will it be.....to journal?.... to fill friends and family in on details of my life that are below the surface?... to educate?   Maybe all of the above.    The form and purpose of this blog may undergo a metamorphosis so stay tuned...and flexible.  I do hope, however, that this blog serves to challenge and to promote growth and relationship.  Let me know how you're impacted by what you read here...if at all.  I'll be happy to hear from you!

WELCOME : )  I'm glad you've come to visit!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first blog entry... it only gets easier from here!! :) I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and insights, and I promise that this will not replace the phone chats that I so very much enjoy! You have much to offer the world. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I came to visit. And will be coming back again.

    More insight into how your snack-fueled mind works = a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprising that my second entry made mention of food. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulatinos in your new blogging experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with me. This is a great introductory post:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, and glad to make your acquaintance, Ma! : )

    ReplyDelete